Woodbrooke is currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and self-starting manager to join our Services Team. This position would suit a supervisor or junior manager who is looking for an operational role and keen to excel in the hospitality industry.
The Guest Services Manager has responsibility for working with managers, staff and volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the service operations management of Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre on an evening basis.
The Guest Services Manager has responsibility for delivering quality services to our course participants, conference guests and visitors on an evening basis, working between 3.00pm and 11.00pm from Tuesday – Saturday.
This is a multi-skilled role as the post-holder will be required to work collaboratively with other specialists in the areas of reception duties, catering, hospitality and volunteer co-ordination, to ensure Woodbrooke delivers a smooth and efficient customer experience.
Main duties include:
- To be responsible for the service operation of the Centre on an evening basis as Duty Manager.
- To ensure all services, including catering, housekeeping, reservations and volunteers are working efficiently and to deal with any issues that may occur on the evening shift.
- To deal with all customers service issues that may arise as well as to make decisions as required.
- To deal with customer bookings and short notice online bookings.
- Deal with “on the day” hospitality needs.
- Manage any breakdowns or maintenance issues that may arise.
- To deal with any AV requests or issues.
- To ensure that serious issues are escalated to senior managers.
You will ideally have experience of working within an Operational Hospitality Management role with reservations & booking experience and will be confident using multiple software packages. Attention to detail, great customer service skills and the ability to work under pressure are also essential.
In return Woodbrooke offers a competitive salary, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), free staff meals whilst on duty, a pension scheme, and offer staff discounts. Working hours 35 per week, 3pm to 11pm, Tuesday to Saturday.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 16th May 2018 at 5.00pm
Please complete the application form below.
Applications should be marked as ‘Confidential’ and sent by email to:
Peter Chinn, Deputy Head of Services
Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre
1046 Bristol Road
Receipt of all applications will not be acknowledged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date.