An online course for meetings consisting of three, three hour modules
1. Early Christian experience
- An opportunity to see and discuss experiences of the Spirit in early Christianity and the parallels there are with early Quaker experience
- What was at the heart of his teaching? What was he seeking to do? Why did he create such controversy? Why was he killed?
3. The Beginnings of the Church: survival and structure
- Why were the Christians of the first century embroiled in so much conflict? How did the understanding of Jesus evolve? How did church structure come about?
Each module will include: a recorded talk, followed group discussion online for groups of 4-6 people with a simple guided structure and questions leading into a live session with Tim Ashworth. Individual time and breaks can be built into the programme.
Each module has been planned as a unit to be held over three hours but, if preferred, meetings may spread out the talk, group discussion, and live session over anything up to a two-week period. There is no requirement to book all three modules however they do need to be taken in order.
Woodbrooke Where You Are – History & Theology
3 Modules – each module includes:
1 hour Learning Materials
1-hour Group Activity Materials
1 x 1 hour live session via Zoom