Woodbrooke working in partnership with Quaker Life
Friday 5 July – Sunday 7 July 2019
Being a Quaker Parent *FULLY BOOKED*
This is an opportunity for parents and carers to explore together some of the joys and challenges of being part of a Quaker meeting. We will share our experiences and reflect together on what being a Quaker and parent means to us and consider how we and our meetings can nourish and support each other.
Accompanying children aged 5 to 11 will attend ‘Exploring Worship’ which runs simultaneously. A crèche will be available for children under 5, and a light-touch programme for 12 to 15 year olds.
Exploring Worship *FULLY BOOKED*
This event is for children aged 5 to 11 years-old. This weekend will explore and think about some big questions: What is God? Where is God? What is worship? What is a Quaker?
We will spend time inside and outside, hearing stories and music, playing games, being still, getting creative with arts and crafts, and making worship places for ourselves.
Children must be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for them outside of programme time. Accompanying adults may attend ‘Being a Quaker Parent’ which runs simultaneously.
Woodbrooke has a limited number of double, twin and family rooms. The majority of our accommodation is in single ensuite bedrooms. We also have some additional single rooms with shared bathrooms.
- Children under 5 years of age will always be allocated a room with their parent or carer. This may not be a in a bed of their own – in some cases this will mean using a travel cot, or a blow-up mattress that can be placed on the floor.
- Unless specifically requested, children aged 5-11 years of age will be allocated a room with their parent or carer – this may be in a single room with a blow-up mattress on the floor. If a separate room is requested, we will allocate rooms adjacent – or very close – to each other.
- We will assume that all young people aged 12-15 will require their own private room unless specifically requested otherwise.
We will do our best to accommodate you in the most appropriate room. However, the nature of our accommodation does mean that we may need you to be flexible to ensure that as many Friends as possible can participate in this weekend. We will always agree your accommodation with you before finalising your booking.
Being a Quaker Parent: Alistair Fuller and Kathy Chandler
Exploring Worship: Mel Cook and Quaker Life Children & Young People’s work volunteers
The 0-4s and 12-15s programmes will be run by Quaker Life Children & Young People’s work volunteers.
These events are now fully booked. If you would like to be added to the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This weekend includes your accommodation; all meals from supper on the Friday evening through to lunch on Sunday; and participation in one of the above programmes. The costs are as follows:
- £135 for each adult
- £35 for each child aged 5-11
- £65 for each young person aged 12-15
No money is required at this stage.