Bitesize Simpler Meetings Series
How can we release the joy of being a Quaker by making our organisation simpler? How can being a Quaker role holder be less of a burden? What are we learning about simplicity through the pandemic?
This online series shares insights from the Simpler Meetings project of Britain Yearly Meeting. We will explore ideas of what is possible, and the variety of ways Quaker meetings and roles can organise themselves, led by the project’s worker Jonathan Carmichael. We will build some visions of alternatives that free us to have more time for being Quakers, instead of running Quakers.
There are eight topics, and you can dip in and out of as many topics as you’d like. We recommend signing up for the first topic if you can, about fundamentals, if possible, as this sets the scene and covers key ideas relevant to all the other topics.
These “bitesize” sessions on Sunday lunchtimes cover the main ideas in the Simpler Meetings Series. There will be a ten minute talk, and twenty minutes for responses and questions. You can eat your lunch, or make your lunch, contribute if you like, or just listen and reflect. This could prompt a discussion in your meeting.
If you want to join a longer conversation, and the online forum for the Simpler Meetings Series, come to one of the hour and a half sessions spread through March to June 2021. Click here for further information and to book for the full sessions.
- BITESIZE Simpler meetings: fundamentals – Sunday 18 April, 12:30-13:00
- BITESIZE Simpler ways for Quaker roles – Sunday 25 April, 12:30-13:00
- BITESIZE Simpler meetings: imagine ways with Zoom – Sunday 02 May, 12:30-13:00
- BITESIZE Simpler ways for trustees and treasurers – Sunday 09 May, 12:30-13:00
- BITESIZE Simpler ways for small Quaker meetings – Sunday 16 May, 12:30-13:00
- BITESIZE Simpler ways without a meeting house – Sunday 23 May, 12:30-13:00
- BITESIZE Simpler by area meetings working together – Sunday 30 May, 12:30-13:00
- BITESIZE Simpler meetings: moving forwards – Sunday 13 June, 12:30-13:00
Click ‘book this course’ to select the sessions you wish to attend.
Course category: Supporting Quaker communities
This course will involve:
On the booking form, there is a chance for you to let us know about any accessibility or communication adjustments that will enable you to participate more fully in the course. Closed captions for live sessions may be available upon request; please contact us directly if you require closed captions.