In this study programme, we will explore the spiritual roots of Quaker practices and concerns. When we understand the founding vision of early Friends, we can trace how the Quaker way has changed over time and consider our own experiences as Quakers today. The programme is made up of four modules. Each module lasts one week and includes two recorded presentations, backed up by written resources, and is rounded off with or an live online session on Zoom. You may choose to meet in groups to share your responses, reflections and questions in preparation for the live session. You can also book this course to be delivered completely in person without any online element.
Woodbrooke Where You Are – Exploring Quakerism
Four modules are available, each module lasts one week and includes:
- Learning Materials (1) – two recorded presentations (1 hour)
- Learning Materials (2) – a range of written resources for optional reading (1-2 hours)
- Group Activity Materials – local groups have the option to meet once or twice on their own (1 to 2 hours)
- 1 x 2 hour live session via Zoom
Fee: £280 per module or £850 for the whole course
Book either one whole day to cover two modules or take the full four modules delivered in-person over two whole days.
Fee: one day for £700 or two days for £1,300
3. Combined delivery
Take the full four modules over four weeks and get all of the online content for each module plus the live content delivered in-person. This option includes:
- Learning Materials (1) – two recorded presentations (1 hour) – per module
- Learning Materials (2) – a range of written resources for optional reading (1-2 hours) per module
- Group Activity Materials – local groups have the option to meet once or twice on their own (1 to 2 hours) – per module
- One whole day in-person
Please note that in-person or online refers to the location of the tutor. For this course it is possible to have a combination of online and in-person participants if the meeting is suitably equipped and it is discussed in advance.
It may be possible to take this course over a different time period so please mention this when you enquire.
Contact us to by phone or email to book this group workshop or fill in the enquiry form below.