Woodbrooke is a Quaker organisation and we aim to offer a fair product for a fair price. We try to be as clear and transparent about our charges, which are designed to be competitive and fair. If you are considering purchasing a product or service from us we are happy to provide the terms and conditions which are specific to that aspect of our work and business.
The information on this website has been provided as general information only. Woodbrooke cannot accept responsibility for loss occasioned after reliance placed on any of the contents of this website. Woodbrooke makes no warranty as to the accuracy of site information or contents.
Your use of Woodbrooke website is governed by the conditions below and passing beyond the homepage is deemed as acceptance of these conditions.
The Woodbrooke website contains hyperlinks to many other websites. This information is supplied in good faith, in case it is of interest or use to Woodbrooke website users. Woodbrooke is not responsible for the content or functionality of any of these external websites (although please let us know if a link is not working by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any access to another site from this site is independent of Woodbrooke. Woodbrooke has no control over the content of other sites and have not endorsed or approved the content of such sites.
You should be aware that if an external website requests personal information from you (for example, in connection with an order for goods or services), this information is supplied to, stored and used by the company concerned, and that Woodbrooke will not be liable to you or any other person for loss or damage directly or indirectly for any use of this or any site linked to it.
Website visitors aged under 16
If you are aged under 16, please ensure that you obtain your parent or guardian’s consent before sending any personal information to this website, including any information required for downloading our publications. Please note that Woodbrooke will not accept online donations or membership subscriptions from persons aged under 16 years.
Copyright and reproductions
All page content made available on this website is copyright Woodbrooke unless otherwise stated.
All photographs are copyright Woodbrooke or their individual owner unless otherwise stated.
The site may contain other propriety notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from this site for personal use and information. You can duplicate the information for the personal use of others only. Information is not to be copied to use in any other website, database or publication or any other form of work.
Please contact Woodbrooke if you wish to use a photograph or any information given, for incorporation into any form of publication medium, or for any use other than private viewing.
Booking Courses Online
Woodbrooke strives to ensure that the information displayed about courses is accurate, and provides an online booking service for the convenience of users. In rare circumstances, however, it may occur that we cannot honour a course booking taken online. In this case, the customer will be refunded in full. Please consider course bookings made online to be provisional until confirmed in writing by Woodbrooke.
If Woodbrooke cancels a course you are booked on you will receive a full refund. If you cancel your place on a course we offer refunds as follows:
- You can transfer your payment to any other course provided you book before the end of 2020. Our course brochure for July – December 2020 will be published in April.
- If you notify us of a cancellation more than 8 weeks prior to the event, you will receive a full refund.
- If you notify us of a cancellation less than eight weeks before the event and do not wish to transfer (as above) we will charge a cancellation fee of £20. Any additional money will be refunded.
- If Woodbrooke cancels a course then you will receive a full refund.
- You can transfer your payment to a new course at no penalty. This can only be done once. If the new course has a difference to pay, this will be due three weeks before the start of the new course.
- If the new course is a lower price, we will refund the difference.
- We will require you to pick a new course within seven calendar days of cancelling the original booking, otherwise a cancellation charge will be applied for the full amount.
- Money paid by a Quaker Meeting or other organisation can be transferred to another individual from the same Meeting or organisation to use. The same terms apply as above.
- If you do not wish to transfer, we will charge a cancellation fee of £10. Any additional money will be refunded.
Change of content or tutor: We make every effort to run courses as advertised. However, there may be occasions when we have to change course content and/or tutors. Woodbrooke reserves the right to make these changes. In such instances, no reductions or refunds are available and the normal Cancellation Policy applies.
Insurance: We recommend that you consider taking out cancellation insurance to provide cover in the event of having to have to cancel your booking due to unforeseen circumstances. Woodbrooke is not able to recommend an insurance provider.
Cooling off period: If you cancel your booking within fourteen days of receiving confirmation of your booking from us you are entitled to a full refund under consumer protection regulations.
Accommodation only bookings: You can cancel your booking up to 7am on the day of arrival without any charge. Cancellations made after this will incur a charge for the first night.
The information on this website is correct at the time of publication and may be subject to change.