We would love everyone to be able to experience the richness of Woodbrooke learning and the fellowship of joining a course at Woodbrooke or online. We want to enable everyone who wishes to participate in a course to be able to attend whatever their financial circumstances. There are a number of sources of financial help available.
In addition to Woodbrooke’s bursary funds, Local and Area meetings often have bursary funds available. We recommend that you speak to an elder or overseer in your Quaker meeting.
Young People aged 18-35
- Anyone aged 18-35 can book online courses for half the listed price. To take advantage of this offer, enter the code YA21 at the checkout stage when booking online.
- Woodbrooke’s Bursary Scheme can help anyone who would like to attend a course but needs financial assistance to do so, whether this is a few pounds or more substantial support. Please indicate on your booking form or contact us. All enquiries and bursary applications are treated confidentially by Woodbrooke staff. You can ask for a bursary as well claiming the first-timers’ discount or young person’s discount.
- Friends and meetings from Europe (excluding Britain Yearly Meeting) can apply for support from the Corder and Gwen Catchpool Fund. For information about bursaries for individuals who want to come to Woodbrooke or participate in an online course please download information in the language of your choice. Catchpool English. Catchpool Spanish. Catchpool Russian.
- The Hope Fund, administered by Quaker Peace and Social Witness (QPSW) may be able to offer help to eligible unemployed British Friends. Please contact 020 7663 1053 or email@example.com
Please contact us if you need support to be able to participate in a course.
- The Eva Koch Scholarship is designed to enable a number of Friends each year to form a small research community at Woodbrooke and undertake pieces of research or exploration on a subject that is of interest to Quakers in Britain and beyond.
*Only one of the above discounts/special offers can be applied to any one course booking and the request for the discount must be made at the time of booking. We are not able to apply discounts once the booking has been made. A small number of ‘Training for Quaker Roles’ courses are excluded from the first-timers’ discount.