We would love everyone to be able to experience the richness of Woodbrooke learning and the fellowship of joining a course at Woodbrooke or online. We want to enable everyone who wishes to participate in a course to be able to attend whatever their financial circumstances. There are a number of sources of financial help available.
In addition to Woodbrooke’s bursary funds, Local and Area meetings often have bursary funds available. We recommend that you speak to the spiritual nurture and pastoral care team in your Quaker meeting.
Young People Aged 18-35
- Anyone aged 18-35 can book most courses for half the listed price. Terms and conditions apply*. To take advantage of this offer, select the young person option at the point of booking. Where this option is not available and the price is prohibitive, please contact us to request a bursary instead.
If you would like bursary support, please apply prior to booking. All enquiries and bursary applications are treated confidentially by Woodbrooke staff.
- Woodbrooke bursaries can help anyone based in Britain or outside Europe who would like to participate in a course but needs financial assistance to do so, whether this is a few pounds or more substantial support.
- Friends and meetings from Europe (excluding Britain Yearly Meeting) can apply for financial support towards courses and associated expenses from the Corder and Gwen Catchpool Fund. For more details and to apply please download the information in the language of your choice.
- The Hope Fund, administered by Quaker Peace and Social Witness (QPSW) may be able to offer help to eligible unemployed British Friends. Please contact 020 7663 1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Eva Koch Scholarship is designed to enable a number of Friends each year to form a small research community at Woodbrooke and undertake pieces of research or exploration on a subject that is of interest to Quakers in Britain and beyond.
*Only one discount can be applied per course booking and the request for the discount must be made at the time of booking. We are not able to apply discounts once the booking has been made. A small number of ‘Quaker Roles and Service’ courses are excluded from the discounts. Some residential courses are excluded from the discounts but bursaries may be available instead.